Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Classmate Kevin Grooms Needs Your Help!

Kevin Grooms, our 1985 classmate who has mostly lived in Charlotte since graduation, has asked for help from his fellow Richmond Raiders. He is sponsoring a child in Central America and is getting close to his fundraising goal that will help build a home for the child and family. To learn more details, go to the Children International page found on Kevin's website link here at this link:

http://www.firstgiving.com/gerardoshouse

Here is what Kevin sent me in an email:

I have something neat I'd like to tell you about. For the past 8.5 years, I have sponsored a kid in Central America through a great non-profit in Kansas City, MO by the name of Children International. My kid's name is Gerardo; he's 17 now. I actually went to visit/meet him at the end of January. I was in Panama first, then went on to Honduras to be with Gerardo. I am now in the process of raising money to build him and his family a simple home with their own parcel of land. If you get a chance, take a look at the link to my fundraising page below. A contribution would be tax deductible. Feel free to consider donating,... but also, feel free to pass this along to my classmates.
Through your kind, small contributions Kevin will reach the goal. If you are inclined, then please help or spread the word to those who are. Thanks!

If you want to contact Kevin directly, his email address is KLGinCLT@yahoo.com.

No comments: